Some Business Unit and Multi-Organisation reports contain sorting options so you can rank your departments, projects or organisations. Sorting options include values such as Income, Net Profit or specific KPIs.
- Business Unit Comparison
- Business unit KPI Comparison
- Business Unit - Income & Expense Summary
- Business Unit - Net Profit Summary
Sort By Option
- Accounts by Business Unit Pie Chart
Sort by Option
By default the chart series is sorted by the included value with largest value first, however you can optionally Sort chart series by name. This option can be found in the Report Criteria under Display Settings.
Logic Applied to Sorting
Sorts by Actuals
Where a report contains Actuals & Budgets the sorting is applied to Actual Values. For example in the image above we are sorting by Expenses. In this case it will sort by Actual, Total Expenses for Jul 2020 - Oct 2020.
Some reports either report on Actuals or Budgets but not both. In this case it will sort on the included value type.
Values are sorted with the largest value first, except in the case where you are sorting by a specific KPI. In this case the KPI Builder includes a Target Type which determines Higher or Lower is better where the better result is displayed first.
Sorting Business Units with a hierarchy
If your Business Unit Selection contains a hierarchy of consolidated headers and detail business units then the following logic is applied to create a flat list for sorting.
- Consolidated - Header Total will be included as a value for sorting.
- Consolidated And Detail - only the Detail values will all be included for sorting.
- Detail - only the detail will be included for sorting.