Because data is saved differently and the integration methods vary in each accounting package, if you are planning to, or have switched accounting systems, then you should be aware of how that effects your Calxa data. First of all please refer to the FAQ, What accounting software works with Calxa? to confirm your new accounting system is supported. If it is supported, then this help note will guide you in migrating your existing data. If you have any difficulties remember that our Customer Support team is only an email or phone call away, or our Accredited Partners can help with onsite assistance.
Create a New Organisation
- Create a new organisation in Calxa by connecting to your new accounting software, add it to the same workspace as the original file so that you can copy settings across the organisations.
- Add a MYOB AccountRight Organisation
- Add a Xero Organisation
- Add a QuickBooks Online Organisation
- Add a MYOB Essentials Organisation
Once you have created the new organisation you should now see two companies listed in your organisation list. Note the new organisation will be styled as: Your Company (1) if you wish to rename one of the organisations for clarity see this help note.
Export Existing Budgets
You will need to open your old organisation and repeat the export steps below, for each of the budget versions/organisations you wish to transfer.
1. Export the budget from your original file The Budget will export to your default Downloads folder as specified for your browser.
2. It is important to note that each accounting system formats the account numbers and account names differently. therefore we need to copy the correct format for the new accounting system, so that the budget can be imported correctly.
Go to the new organisation and Export a blank Budget by choosing the same parameters and ensuring that you toggle on the Export empty rows option.
3. Open both budgets in Excel and working in the original budget, update by matching the Account numbers & Account Names and Business Unit Numbers & Business Unit names with the details from the new accounting system to overwrite the old data.
1. Import the updated budget to the new organisation. Browse to find the budget by clicking on the Import File Folder icon.
Choose which budget you wish to import the information to and the sheet name from the Excel file, click import budget
Copy Account Trees
If you had created custom Account Trees in your existing organisation then you will need to copy them to the new organisation, for full details see Copy Account Tree.
Change to the destination organisation at the top of the screen and you will see your new Account Tree in the list, select that tree then expand the account groups in both the unallocated and allocated columns and map the unallocated accounts across to the the new tree to match the header structure. Make sure you Save Changes regularly.
Accounts selected need to be dragged onto the headers they are to come under in the Account Tree, the header will outline in orange to show where you are placing the account. For more details see this help section: Account Trees
Further Settings to Consider
Following is a list of settings that cannot be copied or imported and must be set up manually. The links will take you to associated help notes.
- Invite a User
- Set User Permissions
- Report on Business Units
- Cashflow Forecasting Settings
- Custom KPIs
- Report Bundles