Workflows allow you to save time by automating tasks such as syncing the organisation data from your accounting system and generating and delivering report bundles. In this article we cover what to check when your workflow fails so you can resolve the issue.
How do you know when a workflow has failed?
When a step or action in a workflow fails the Subscription Owner and Co-Owners will be sent an email notification outlining which workflow, step or action failed and provide the related error message. Below is an example email error notification.
- Workflow name
- Action or step that failed
- Error message
View Workflow Activity
You can check if a workflow has failed by reviewing the workflow history, as explained in View Workflow Activity and History. Workflows with failed steps will be flagged with the Failed tag as shown below. Hover your mouse over the failed tag to view the error message.
Common Workflow Errors
Organisation Sync Errors
When an Organisation Sync fails, it is most likely due to an authentication issue causing the integration to your accounting system to be disconnected. To resolve this try reconnecting Calxa to your company file. Refer to the individual accounting system steps below:
Generate and send report bundle errors
Individual reports can fail in a bundle and the workflow step is not considered to have failed. In this case you will still receive the bundle minus the failed report but the delivery email will outline what reports failed. If all the reports in a bundle fail then the action or step will fail and be logged as such.
A bundle report could fail for a number of reasons, such as:
- A budget version used in the report criteria has been deleted.
- A business unit selected as part of a business unit list used in the report criteria has been deleted in your accounting system.
- An account tree used in the report criteria has been deleted.
- An organisation selected in the report criteria has been deleted.
- A custom KPI selected in the report criteria cannot be calculated.
Workflow was successful but didn't receive reports
When a workflow ran successfully but you didn't receive the reports via email, this will likely be due to two reasons:
- The email has gone into your Junk folder - please review this folder and move the reports to your Inbox.
- Your mail server's spam filter is blocking emails from CalxaOnline@calxa.com - please ask your IT support to ensure you can receive emails from this address.