This article explains the Budgets & Actuals menu and how you can navigate your organisations, budget versions, business units and edit them in a familiar spreadsheet view. You can manually enter budgets via the budget grid, copy budget figures from Excel, and copy columns/rows to other columns/rows and build budgets with Budget Formulas.
If you are creating a budget from scratch you may want to first consider using:
- The Budget Factory to quickly populate a base budget from Actuals or another existing budget.
- or you may want to import a budget if you already have data saved in a spreadsheet.
Select Budget & Period
- Navigate to Budgets & Cashflow -> Budgets & Actuals.
- Select the Organisation and Budget or Actual that you would like to edit.
Note: to create an additional budget scenario or to facilitate approved and forecast budgets see Manage Budgets.
- Select the Period or date range you want to edit. You can manually set any date range, chose a pre-set shortcut from the calendar dropdown or skip back or forward using the left and right arrows.
By Business Unit or Overall Organisation
In Calxa you may choose to budget at the overall organisation level or by business unit. Business Units are the cost centres that make up your organisation and are setup in your accounting system. For example MYOB Jobs, Xero Tracking categories or QuickBooks Classes are examples of Business Units.
You can optionally set the overall organisation budget to be the sum of your business units. See Organisation Budget (Consolidation Setting) for more details.
- To budget at the overall or Organisation Level select the building icon on the left sidebar navigation. This is selected by default when you first select a budget.
- To budget by Business Unit select the hamburger menu on the left navigation.
- This opens the full sidebar navigation which lists all your Business Units. Select the Business Unit you wish to edit.
- You can also select nearby business units directly form the sidebar without expanding via the hamburger menu.
Accounts or Metrics
Use the LAYOUT menu to switch between Metrics or Accounts. See the following articles for details: