In Calxa Premier you can consolidate multiple organisations to display their combined Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Forecast reports.
This help note will show you how to run consolidated reports on multiple organisations in Calxa.
Run a Multiple Organisation Consolidated Report
To run a report that consolidates multiple organisations first go to the Report Builder in the online app. Select the report template you'd like to use and set your report filters. Refer to the Builder section of the Help Centre for instructions on these steps.
Create an Organisation Group
- Before you can run a consolidated report you will first need to create an organisation group containing the organisations you wish to consolidate.
Click on the Organisation drop-down and select Create organisation group.
- Enter a name for the group of organisations you want to consolidate then click on Add Organisation.
A drop-down will be displayed. Select the first organisation you want to add to the group.
Now you will select what Budget Version and Account Tree you want to use with this organisation from the drop-downs. Use the common account tree you created for more streamlined reports.Note there is no limit to the number of organisations you can consolidate in Calxa, other than your subscription's organisation capacity. You can purchase additional organisations if needed using the instructions in the Upgrade/Downgrade Subscription help note.
Some reports in Calxa contain data from 2 different budget versions. If you wish to report with one of these templates then you must also configure an Alternative Budget Version for each organisation.
Click Add Organisation again to add the next organisation in your consolidation group. Continue with this until all required organisations have been added.
You can use the icon to populate all organisations with Budget versions or Account Trees by the same name.
- Click the Save Changes button after you have added all organisations and completed the budget version and account tree settings for each. Once your organisation group is saved it will be available for use with any multi-org consolidation report template.
Run your Multiple Organisation Consolidated Report
- To run your consolidated report click on the Organisation drop-down again and select the organisation group you created.
- Once your organisation group is selected you will see it shown in the Organisation drop-down with a notation that multi- organisation group mode is in effect.
Click the Refresh Report button in the report preview pane to run the report using your organisation group.
Alternatively you can click on the Refresh button above the report preview pane.
Please refer to Add a Report to a Bundle for instructions on how to add your multiple organisation consolidated report to a report bundle.
To configure a report in an existing bundle for multiple organisation consolidation see these instructions.
Edit or Delete an Organisation Group
- Select your organisation group from the Organisation drop-down, then click the cog to the right of the drop-down.
- To edit, make your changes in the pop up window then click on Save Changes. To delete the group click on the Delete Group button.
- To consolidate multiple organisations you must first add each organisation into the same Calxa workspace. Please see the Add a Workspace help note for details.
- In the General settings screen under My Workspace each organisation has a Consolidation Rate. The consolidation rate is used for multiple organisation consolidations only.
When consolidating multiple organisations this rate will be applied to accounts within the organisation. The consolidation rate may be used to consolidate organisations with different currencies or to represent partial ownership of an organisation. For example, the rate for an organisation you have a 40% ownership interest in would be 0.40.
*If all of your organisations are in the same currency with 100% ownership you do not need to change the consolidation rate, as the default setting in Calxa is 1.
When you have multiple organisations with different currencies you will set the organisations using your home currency to 1. Set the consolidation rate for foreign entities to the current exchange rate.
- It is important to understand that all cashflow settings and calculations are applied on a per organisation basis and then the calculated values are consolidated. Therefore before moving to consolidated organisation reports you should first configure settings and generate reports on a per organisation basis.
- To create consolidations that meet accounting standards intercompany transactions should be removed, this process is known as intercompany eliminations. To handle this in Calxa you will need to create an additional organisation (accounting file) and post your elimination entries there. You will include this additional elimination organisation in your group of organisations to be consolidated.
In the future Calxa plans to introduce a feature for multi-org consolidations which will allow users to nominate or identify their intercompany accounts, and they will then be excluded from multi-org reporting. At that point an additional organisation for eliminations will no longer be required.
Use an Account Tree to create Streamlined Reports
During consolidations Calxa will attempt to merge account balances from each organisation’s chart of accounts. Accounts balances will only be merged when an exact match can be made.
An exact match is only present when accounts in each organisation have the same account number, account name and header account structure. When an exact match is made the resulting report will display a single account showing the combined balance of all organisations, otherwise multiple separate accounts will be displayed in the resulting reports.
Account Trees can help you merge organisations with different charts of accounts via a common header structure. Calxa allows you to copy an account tree from one organisation to another to ensure your account trees have the same header structure in all organisations.
- First create an account tree in the desired format in one of your organisations using the instructions found in the Account Trees help note. Next you will copy this tree to the other organisations to be consolidated.
- To copy an account tree, select the tree you want to copy from the menu at left, then click the cog next to the tree name.
- Select Copy Tree.
- Next select the organisation you would like to copy the tree into.
- Type in a name for the new account tree, ideally use the same name as was used for the source organisation. Click Copy Tree.
- Note: Identical accounts in the destination organisation will be automatically matched to the same headers but you’ll need to manually allocate all other accounts to the new tree. Click to save the new tree when all allocations are complete.