Report Bundles allow you to combine a variety of reports together with cover pages, notes and other rich text documents, then display and print them as one document.
This help note will show you how to edit your Bundles.
- To get to the Bundles screen click on Reports.
- Next click on Bundles under the Reports menu.
- Your list of report bundles will be displayed at the left side of the screen. You'll see the bundles you've set up in the online app as well as any bundles set up in the desktop app (online workspace). There is also see an option to create a new bundle.
- Click on a bundle in the list on the left to see it displayed on the right.
- The bundle name is shown at the top, with the reports in the bundle listed below the bundle name in the order they appear in the bundle. In the example below the bundle name is Small Business Management Reports 1.
Set Report Month & Run a Bundle
- First set the report month by selecting the month and year from the drop-down just above the Run Bundle button.
- To run your bundle click on the Run Bundle button to the right of the bundle name.
Rename & Delete a Bundle
- To rename a bundle click on the ellipsis to the right of the bundle name and select Edit bundle information.
- Type in the name you'd like use for your bundle in the Name field. If you'd like to add a note about the bundle for yourself or others enter it in the Reference field.
Tick the Display the bundle title within the generated bundle checkbox if you want the bundle title to be displayed at the top of your bundle.
Click Save Reports.
- To delete a bundle click on the ellipsis to the right of the bundle name and select Delete bundle. Please note this is permanent, and will remove the entire Bundle.
- Type DELETE into the pop up box to confirm you want to delete the entire bundle and all its contents. Then click the Delete a Report Bundle button.
Copy a Bundle
Copying a bundle will copy all of the bundle's reports and settings to a new bundle. This can be quite a time saver when you want to set up reports for a new organisation or create new business unit reports.
- Click on the ellipsis to the right of the bundle name and select Copy bundle.
- Type the name of your bundle in the Name field. Populate the Reference field as desired (optional).
You have the option to display the name of your bundle at the top of the bundle. To do so, tick the checkbox next to Display the bundle title within the generated bundle.
Click Copy Bundle.
- Your new bundle will now be selected and listed under My Bundles on the left. The bundle content is displayed on the right.
- You will next need to edit the criteria on each of your reports to suit the purpose of this new bundle. See steps 3-6 of the Configure a Report section for details.
Reorder and Enable/Disable Reports
- You can change the order of the reports in your bundle by clicking on the Up-Down button to the right of each report name, then dragging and dropping the report where you'd like it to sit.
Alternatively, you can click the Up-Down button and then select Move up or Move down as needed from the drop-down.
- You can enable or disable reports in your bundle by clicking the toggle to the left of the report name. The report is enabled when the toggle is green, disabled when grey.
Report is enabled below:
Report is disabled below:
Display an Individual Report in a Bundle
- Click on the ellipsis to the right of the report name you want to display. Select Display as report from the drop-down.
Copy a Report
- To copy a report click on the ellipsis and select Copy report.
- Next, populate the Name and Reference fields. Type the name you'd like to use for your report in the Name field. A Reference can be used to add notes for yourself about this report (optional).
- The default behaviour is that your report will be copied into the same bundle you are editing. To instead copy the report into another bundle, click on the Report Bundle drop-down and select the desired bundle from the list.
- Click Copy Report. The report will be added to the bottom of the list of reports in your bundle. To change the report's order within the bundle see the Reorder Reports section.
Rename a Report
- To rename an individual report click on the ellipsis to the right of the report name and select Edit report information.
- Type in the name you'd like use for your report in the Name field. If you'd like to add a note about the report for yourself or others enter it in the Reference field.
Tick the Overwrite the default report title checkbox if you'd like your report name to be displayed rather than the Calxa default report name.
Click Save Properties.
Configure a Report
- Each report listing shows the report template name and some of the key report criteria.
In the example below the report template used was Actual vs Budget and Last Year. The date selection is set to Report Month (this is shown as Report Date in the report criteria screen).
The report is set to be run for the PlantNursery organisation. The budget version used is the Initial Budget Version. No business units have been selected & consolidated.
- Report details with a red Not Editable label indicate the report's configuration cannot be changed.
Reports in bundles created in the desktop app cannot be edited in the online app. Make changes in the desktop app and then come back to the online app to continue.
The not editable label will also be displayed on reports where the associated report template has not yet been added to the online app. All report templates are coming soon.
- To edit a report's criteria click on the ellipsis to the right of the report name and select Configure Report.
- This will open your report in the report builder. The bundle name is shown at the top left next to the report name.
- Edit the report criteria on the left as needed. When done click the Save Changes button. Once saved you will be brought back to the report bundle screen.
- To learn about how to set report criteria please refer to the Set Report Criteria help note.
Remove a Report from Bundle
- Click on the ellipsis to the right of the report name you want to display. Select Remove from bundle from the drop-down.
- A remove report box will pop up. Click the Delete a Report Bundle Item button. Note you cannot undo this action.
Add a Report and/or Rich Text Document to a Bundle
- With Calxa you can insert a rich text document into your bundles and/or merge rich text content into the header or footer of a Calxa report.
You can use a full document to create Cover Pages, Executive Summaries and Disclaimers or to include other external reports and charts. Merging rich text with reports allows you to add commentary to your reports or simply customise the look and feel with a custom header. Please refer to the help note Add a Document to a Bundle for instructions.
- If you want to add another report to your bundle you can do so via the Report Builder screen. To learn how to do this please see Add a Report to a Bundle.