This Bank & Equity help note is another in a series on Financial Settings. A big chunk of your Cashflow Forecast and Balance Sheet budget is calculated for you in Calxa by using your Profit & Loss budget and the account and timing selections you make in Financial Settings.
Many of these account selections can be accurately made by Calxa when creating or updating your organisation data. The Financial Settings allow you to review and revise these nominated accounts and select payment schedules and rates where applicable.
- To review and edit your Bank & Equity accounts click on My Workspace -> Settings -> Bank & Equity.
- The Bank & Equity Settings screen looks like the image shown below. You will nominate your bank, Trade Debtors, Trade Creditors and earnings accounts here.
- Nominate all bank accounts that you would like to include in the cashflow calculations from the drop-down.
Calxa is unable to determine which bank accounts will be used for which transaction, therefore for cashflow purposes multiple accounts will be treated as a combined virtual bank account.
- Next nominate your Retained and Current Year Earnings accounts.
- Finally, nominate any Personal Drawings accounts you use.
Click the Save Changes button at top right after you complete your selections.
Want to learn more? Have a look at the other help notes in the Financial Settings series:
GST / VAT
Wages & PAYG