This help note will show you how to add a Xero organisation to your workspace.
- Sign in to Calxa, then click on the ellipsis at the top right of your screen and select ADMIN from the drop-down.
- This will bring you to the Admin screen. Click on Add Organisation at the left.
Select the Workspace where you would like to add your organisation from the Select Workspace drop-down, then click the Next Step button.
Note you can also add an organisation to a specific workspace by clicking on the ellipsis to the right of the workspace name and selecting Add Organisation (this is an alternative to step 2 above where we selected Add Organisation from the menu on the left).
Selecting Add Organisation from the workspace ellipsis menu populates the workspace name in step 3 above automatically.
Now you will select your accounting system. Click on the Connect to Xero button.
A sign in screen for Xero will pop up. Enter your Xero email and password and click Login.
A message will come up asking you to allow access to your Xero file. Click on Allow access.
- Enter a two-factor authentication code and click Login.
Note: If you have access to more than one Xero file you will instead see a drop-down. Select the organisation you want to import from the drop-down and then click Allow access.
After you make your selection you see the message below. No action required.
Choose import settings. You will see your organisation listed here.Note: There is no option to sync Tracking Category budgets as the Xero API does not provide access to them. You can bring your tracking category budgets into Calxa by exporting them from Xero and importing them to Calxa via a spreadsheet or CSV file.
Before you begin the import you must decide which business units you want to bring in to Calxa (i.e. tracking categories or organisation level).
To import a tracking category click on the toggle next to the desired business unit name. This will turn the toggle green and indicates the business unit will be imported. Note you can import both tracking categories if you choose, however you cannot report on the intersection of the two in Calxa as you can in Xero.
In the example below there are two tracking categories called Project and Department, only the Project tracking category is to be imported.
You can also choose to import your Overall budget from Xero by clicking on the Include Xero Overall Budget toggle. Note this will allow you to update your Overall budget from Xero each time you sync your organisation.
Click Begin Import.
Note: Many users will prefer to manage their budgets in Calxa after the initial organisation import. To turn off the budget sync go to My Workspace -> Settings -> General Settings. The General Settings help note provides further instructions.
If you import the Overall Xero budget when you initially add the organisation to Calxa, three budget versions will be created for you:
1. Xero Overall Budget - this version is read-only and cannot be edited because it is updated from your accounting system.
2. Initial Budget Version - an editable copy of the Xero Overall Budget. Use this version to manage your budgets in Calxa going forward.
Note: Any org syncs done after the initial organisation import from your accounting system will not create an editable copy of the Xero Overall Budget at that point in time (in the Initial Budget Version or any other version).
If you want to make an editable copy of the Xero Overall Budget after the initial organisation import, you will either need to copy the entire budget version using the instructions provided in Manage Budget Versions, or copy the desired year(s) using the Budget Factory.
3. Auto-Budget (Last Year Actuals) - budget created for you containing last year's actuals. This version cannot be edited (read-only). This version cannot be edited (read-only). You can delete this version if it is not needed, as described in General Settings.
A progress bar will appear to show you the organisation is importing.
- When the import is complete, set your preferences by selecting them from the drop-down menus in each section. Click All Done when finished.
Note all of these preferences can be changed later if needed.
When the import completes you will be brought back to the Admin screen. You will see the organisation you imported listed under the workspace where you added it.
To go and work in this new organisation click on the Open Workspace link.