This help note will show you how to add a MYOB AccountRight online organisation to your workspace. MYOB AccountRight Local and Network libraries files are not supported by Calxa online.
NOTE: Only a subscription owner or co-owner can add an organisation to a workspace.
- Sign in to Calxa, then click on the ellipsis at the top right of your screen and select ADMIN from the drop-down.
- This will bring you to the Admin screen. Click on Add Organisation at the left.
Select the Workspace where you would like to add your organisation from the Select Workspace drop-down, then click the Next Step button.
Note you can also add an organisation to a specific workspace by clicking on the ellipsis to the right of the workspace name and selecting Add Organisation (this is an alternative to step 2 above where we selected Add Organisation from the menu on the left).
Selecting Add Organisation from the workspace ellipsis menu populates the workspace name in step 3 above automatically.
Now you will select your accounting system. Click on the MYOB button.
A pop-up will open and ask you to select your MYOB version. Select MYOB AccountRight and click Connect.
Ensure your my.MYOB ID appears in the drop-down of the next box that comes up.
If your my.MYOB ID is not there click on the drop-down and select Add new MYOB ID.
This will bring you to the MYOB sign in screen. Enter your credentials and click Sign In.
When you are brought back to Calxa you'll see your my.MYOB ID in the drop-down.
Next hover your mouse over the organisation you want to import until you see Add This Organisation in yellow. Click anywhere on this yellow bar to select the organisation.
Note: If you have access to more than one MYOB AccountRight online file you will see all of them listed on this screen.
Choose import settings. You will see your organisation listed here.
Before you begin the import you must decide what business units you want to bring in to Calxa (i.e. Jobs/Categories or Organisation level).
To import the Job and/or Category business units click on the toggle next to the desired business unit name. This will turn the toggle green and indicates the business unit will be imported. In the example below the Jobs will be imported.
You can also choose to import your Organisation and Job budgets from MYOB by clicking on the Include MYOB Budget toggle. Note this will allow you to update your budgets from MYOB each time you sync your organisation.
Click Begin Import.
- Note: Many users will prefer to manage their budgets in Calxa after the initial organisation import. To turn off the budget sync from MYOB go to My Workspace -> Settings -> General Settings. The General Settings help note provides further instructions.
If you import the MYOB budget when you initially add the organisation to Calxa, three budget versions will be created for you:
1. MYOB Budget - this version is read-only and cannot be edited because it is updated from your accounting system.
2. Initial Budget Version - an editable copy of the MYOB Budget. Use this version to manage your budgets in Calxa going forward.
Note: Any org syncs done after the initial organisation import from your accounting system will not create an editable copy of the MYOB Budget at that point in time (in the Initial Budget Version or any other version).
If you want to make an editable copy of the MYOB Budget after the initial organisation import, you will either need to copy the entire budget version using the instructions provided in Manage Budget Versions, or copy the desired year(s) using the Budget Factory.
3. Auto-Budget (Last Year Actuals) - budget created for you containing last year's actuals. This version cannot be edited (read-only). You can delete this version if it's not needed, as described in Manage Budget Versions.
A progress bar will appear to show you the organisation is importing.
- When the import is complete, set your preferences by selecting them from the drop-down menus in each section. Click All Done when finished.
Note all of these preferences can be changed later if needed.
When the import completes you will be brought back to the Admin screen. You will see the organisation you imported listed under the workspace where you added it.
To go and work in this new organisation click on the Open Workspace link.