A workspace is a container where your organisation data and user permissions sit. Workspaces allow you to separate and group your organisations and users, so you may choose to create one or more workspaces for this purpose.
When would you want to have more than one workspace? If you have an organisation with sensitive data you can create a workspace for that organisation and invite only the users who you want to see and access this data to the workspace. You may have a second workspace containing other organisations that a different set of users can access.
There is no limit to the number of workspaces you can add. You are limited only by the organisation and user capacity of your Calxa subscription. Additional organisations and users can be added to your subscription via our online shop.
The steps to add a new workspace are outlined below.
How to Add a Workspace
- Click on the ellipsis symbol found at the top right of any Calxa Online screen, then select ADMIN from the drop-down.
- This brings you to the Admin screen. Click on the Add Workspace + link at the top left.
- The Add a new workspace box will pop up. Type a name for your workspace in the space provided then click the Add Workspace button.
- Your new workspace will be shown at the bottom of your list of workspaces on the Admin screen.
Add an Organisation
- To add an organisation to your workspace click on the Add Organisation + link at the top left of your screen.
- Select the workspace you want to add the organisation into and click Next Step.
Please see our accounting system specific help notes & videos for further details on how to add an organisation.