Step 1 - Sign up
During the trial or purchase wizard you'll connect to your accounting data and review some basic settings.
Sign up for a Trial
Click here for a 30-day free trial.
Refer to this help note for detailed instructions on the sign up process, including how to connect to your accounting file.
Add additional organisations
- Add a MYOB Organisation
- Add a Xero Organisation
- Add a QuickBooks Online Organisation
- Add a Manually Created Organisation
Step 2 - Set up your Budget
An auto-budget based on last year's actuals is automatically created for you when you add an organisation. This auto-budget cannot be edited, so you will eventually want to set up your own budget in Calxa.
- Enter or Edit your budget - use the budget editor to enter figures in a spreadsheet-like view or edit an existing budget.
- Budget Factory - create new budgets, update existing budgets or copy budgets for multiple business units and years all at one time. You can also use it to create a reforecast containing actuals YTD.
- Import your budget from a spreadsheet - handy tool if you already have budgets set up in Excel, have a large number of business units, want to delegate portions of the budget to managers, or have complex formulas best modelled in Excel.
- Sync your accounting system budget - this can be done for both the business unit and organisation level with MYOB AccountRight and QuickBooks Online, and for the Overall Budget only with Xero.
Step 3 - Run Reports
Calxa has a huge range of reporting features - from standard financial statements or actual vs budget comparisons to more complex business unit or multiple entity consolidations. Review the links below that apply to your reporting requirements.
- Sync organisation actuals from your accounting system before running reports or Create an Automated Workflow to schedule this task.
- Select a Report Template. For more help, see Set Report Criteria, Date Selection, Preview a Report.
- Report on Business Units (such as jobs, tracking categories, cost centres, customers/classes/locations).
- Consolidate Multiple Organisations.
- Account Trees to reorder or summarise your chart of accounts for reporting.
Step 4 - Set up Report Bundles
Report bundles help you save time by saving sets of reports and documents into complete management reporting packs. During Step 1 Calxa will have created a sample bundle for you, but you'll probably want to edit that or create your own.
- Create a Bundle using a pre-configured kit.
- Add a Report to a Bundle - select from any of the templates in the report builder to make your own bundles.
- Add a Document to a Bundle - to create cover pages, Executive Summaries and notes. See more help on Report Bundles here.
Step 5 - Automate Reports
During Step 1 you may have already chosen to have reports sent to you monthly. In this case you will already have a Workflow configured to sync with your accounting data and send you a sample report bundle.
- Set up a Workflow to automate your reporting. A workflow can sync your online accounting file data and generate and deliver report bundles.
More Calxa Features
- Cashflow Forecasting & 3-Way Forecast
- Invite Users & Set Permissions
- Customise Reports
- KPIs and Metrics
- NDIA Bulk Claims