NOTE: This feature is supported by both Calxa online and desktop apps, however it is only available for online workspaces.
Workflows allow you to automate tasks such as updating your organisation data and generating and delivering report bundles. You can manually start a workflow or have it automatically triggered at a scheduled time.
- Create a Workflow
- Edit a Workflow
- Run a Workflow
- Delete, Copy and Rename a Workflow
- View Recent Workflow Activity
Create a Workflow
The steps below will outline how to create a workflow in the online app.
Sign into the Calxa online app.
- Click on My Workspace at the top middle of your screen.
- Click on Workflows, then click on New Workflow.
Click into the area where you see My new workflow and type in a workflow name that you will be able to easily identify in a list.
Click on Add Action to add the first action to be taken in your workflow.
Click on the Select an action drop down and then select Organisation update. Now click Save Action.
Click on the Select an organisation drop down that now appears and pick the organisation(s) you would like to update in this workflow. Click Save Action.
- After you have saved the first action in the workflow click on the Add Workflow button.
To add an action to run your report bundle click on Add Action again. Select Generate & send report bundle from the Select an action drop down.
Next click on the Select report bundle drop down and click on the bundle you want to run.
Now enter the email address of the users you want to receive the report bundle in the Send to field. User email addresses should be separated by a semi-colon (;). Click Save Action.
Edit a Workflow
- On the workflow screen you can see the actions listed in the order they will be performed when the workflow is triggered. Each action title describes what action will be performed.
To reorder the actions in a workflow click on the arrows symbol then select Move Up or Move Down from the drop down menu as needed.
To remove an action from a workflow click the ellipsis on that action and select Delete Action.
To edit an action click on the ellipsis of that action and click Edit Action. Make your changes and choose Save Action.
To copy an action click on the ellipsis of the action you want to copy and select Copy action. The new action will be added to the bottom of the list of actions. Reorder it as needed using notes in 1. above.
Run a Workflow
A workflow can be configured to run automatically on a trigger. A schedule trigger is available currently, and additional conditional triggers will be added later as they are developed. You can also choose to run a workflow manually.
- To choose to only run a workflow manually, click the button next to 'Only activate this workflow manually' in the Triggers section.
To run the workflow click on the Run Now link at the top right of the workflow screen.
The status of the running or completed workflow will be displayed after you click Run Now. Click Refresh to update the status (did not run, running, succeeded, failed).
- To configure a workflow to run automatically, click the button next to 'Activate this workflow any time one of the following events occurs'. Then click on Add Trigger.
- To configure a schedule, select the time and days and frequency (monthly or weekly) you would like the workflow to run and click Save Trigger.
In the example below the workflow will run on the 10th day of each month at 4:00 am Brisbane time.
In this example the workflow will run every Monday at 2:00 am Brisbane time.
- Note you can set up more than one schedule trigger. The workflow below will run every Monday and once a month on the 10th day of the month.
You can also run an automatic workflow at any time by clicking the Run Now link at the top right of the workflow screen.
Delete, Copy and Rename a Workflow
To delete a workflow click on the ellipsis on the right side of the workflow name, then select Delete workflow.
A box will pop up asking you to confirm you really want to delete the workflow. To confirm and delete the workspace type DELETE in the box shown below, then the click Delete Workflow button.
- To copy a workflow click on the ellipsis on the right side of the workflow name and select Copy workflow.
3. To rename a workflow click on the ellipsis on the right side of the workflow name and select Rename workflow.
A copy will be made with the same name as the existing workflow with (Copy 1) at the end of the name.
Click into the name field and type the new name, then click on the check mark symbol to save it.
View Recent Workflow Activity
To see recent activity on your workflow, click on the ellipsis on the right side of the workflow name (as shown above) and select View Recent Activity. It will show activity from the current day and can be refreshed to show activity from the last week, the last month or all by selecting the period in the from drop down.